Monday, January 23, 2012

Tony Clark - As Dark As A Moonless Night [2012]


For Fans Of: Prawn, Owen
Genres: Indie, Acoustic, Singer-Songwriter
Preview:

You know Tony Clark as the guitarist/singer of Prawn [if not, you should get with the program and check them out - not only are they talented musicians, but they are also a really nice group of guys]. This is the first EP of his solo project, which he started writing for in the Fall of 2011, and released just this month. In his words:

"After touring and traveling throughout the summer of 2011, I decided to sit and write some songs away from Prawn. The songs I wrote originally were all acoustic, But as time progressed, these 5 songs eventually evolved into more full, robust tunes. After demo-ing a bunch of them, I decided to invite some friends to play and sing on them. It turns out six different friends and musicians make their way onto this EP. I realize now I couldn't have done this without them, and for that I am eternally grateful for their generosity and skill - Kyle Burns, Beatrice Naumann, Blythe Armitage, Frank Graniero, Greg Maniago, and Greg Dunn. I plan on playing a few shows and seeing what the future holds. Thanks for giving me your time and ears!"

If you are a fan of Owen, you will most definitely dig this. Tony combines Prawn-esque electric guitar parts with soft melodies and complex acoustics. Cementing the richness of each song are some nice violin, horn, and keyboard parts. All in all, a great debut, and we look forward to hearing more of his solo work.

Listen Here:


No comments:

Post a Comment