Saturday, January 28, 2012

Good and Well by Waypoint (2011)





Kind of Like: Moving Mountains, Balance and Composure, Appleseed Cast
Genres: Emo, Post-hardcore, Post-rock, Indie
Spotify: Not as of this posting
Buy: Bandcamp
Preview:



These guys have been waiting patiently for me to have time to do a write up on them, After about 15 hours of sleep and nothing to do today but work at 3:00, I think I can do this now.  It's time to get some stuff done.

Waypoint are from the dirty dirty, but play some clean melodic post-hardcore/indie that reminded me immediately of newer Moving Mountains and Balance and Composure.  Specifically, they are from Mississippi, near Jackson.  I really don't know too much about the scene down south, but I keep finding more and more bands from around there and it's been eye-opening (ear-opening?) for sure.  So far I am liking "Eros" and "I Am Sun" the most.

My only concern with this album is that it might get old for people about halfway through.  There are certain hooks and guitar parts that are unique, but sometimes the vocals/harmonies and choruses sound somewhat similar to the ones before it.  That's why I really liked "Eros", for some reason it brought something different to the table than the other songs.

Other than that, the production is pristine, the songs are catchy and epic at times, and this is certainly a solid debut full-length.

Edit: the band asked that the mediafire link be removed and just be directed to their bandcamp. Hopefully some of you guys are down to buy this.

Listen Here:

4 comments:

  1. fuck that.its good but it doesn't worth my 10$.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's worth every penny and more. There is so much heart put into this album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank god... music i dont know how to categorize. love it dudes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I would not ask for money for people to download a debut LP. I would let the digital files be free and let that convince people to buy it in vinyl and buy shirts and come to shows. But that is my personal opinion, i can also understand how expensive it is to record, mix and master things with this quality. It really depends on how much the band spent on the process and their own beliefs. Sure, 10 dollars is a bit for a digital album but at the end of the day it's up to the band. They made it. Just like it is up to you as the listener to have the opinion on if you want to buy it or not.

    Either way neither of you are in the wrong. Just different opinions.

    ReplyDelete