Monday, January 9, 2012

Clarity by Veils (2012)


Kind of Like: Mahria, Kerouac
Genres: Emo, Post-hardcore, Mathcore
Buy: Tangled Talk
Preview: 


I mentioned this album that I was excited for coming out this month from the UK's Tangled Talk.  Enzo over at Music Approved by a Banana got the rip, and I am really happy to finally be getting to listen to the whole thing.  This is, like Mahria, a female fronted screamo band.  If you don't get into that for some reason, you should know I had no idea Chlo was a girl from the get go.  I don't mean that as an insult, the vocals are a lot like Kerouac.  She doesn't have the higher scream characteristic in bands like Mahria, instead she opts for something more guttural and is the same pitch as bands like Kerouac.  I long said that The Long Haul and Kerouac were my two favorite UK screamo bands, but I think they need to make some room for these guys.  And as I said before, I love the album artwork.

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment