Saturday, January 21, 2012

Auto!Automatic!! - Another Round Won't Get Us Down [2006]


For Fans Of: El Ten Eleven, Giraffes? Giraffes!, Volta Do Mar, Rooftops
Genres: Math Rock, Post-Rock, Experimental

I realize that this is super old, but I've been listening to these guys a lot lately, so I figured I would go ahead and put it up. They came out with Self-Titled last year, which is also really good and features their new bassist [it's also available on vinyl], but I am a bigger fan of this album. This is math rock at its finest. Songs like “That's Some Sick Mouth And Knee Coordination” and "Owl Do It Later" are great representation of their sound: ear-friendly and complex, with just the right amount of subtlety. And the subtlety is not a bad thing - they keep your attention by playing their share of random and intricate chord and tempo changes, along with plenty of nice melodic parts. Their song names are also pretty fun. I really wish I could find a copy of THIS album on vinyl.
Listen here:

No comments:

Post a Comment