Monday, January 2, 2012

Young States EP by Citizen (2011)


Kind of Like: Seahaven, Balance and Composure, Turnover
Genres: Emo, Punk, Pop Punk
Preview: Bandcamp

I reviewed a split these guys did with The Fragile Season a little while back, and I only really liked one song a whole bunch off of it: "Fremont".  It was fast and gritty.  The second song was okay, but it leaned more towards cliche processed pop punk songs that just didn't appeal to me.  The third song on that split was kind of a mix of the two, and I could get into it.  This EP has a much darker, grittier and emotional feel that makes me think these guys are starting to really come into there own.  I also had no idea that they were from the southeast Michigan/Northern Ohio area.  So...downriver? Hm...

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment