Thursday, January 12, 2012

Adaje/Lizards Have Personalities Split 7" (2012)


Kind of Like: Orchid, We Were Skeletons, Mahria
Genres: Post-Hardcore, Screamo, Chaotic Hardcore
Preview:




The only problem when starting a record label thingy while still doing a review/download site is how things can turn into masturbation.  Even though, this is something I would listen to even if I hadn't started a label.  This is being put out by myself, Carucage Records, and Sea of Tranquility Records.  I realized the other days I haven't even gotten around to feature this on here.  Seeing that it is now available for free to download, I figured now would be a good time.

The music flows between powerful, thrashy and hectic parts with calm, yet jangly sounding guitars implying another break into the craziness is sure to begin again.  The only problems I have with this record is the difference in recordings that the two bands have, as far as mixing/mastering go.  I understand it's a split and the bands shouldn't sound exactly the same, but I do like when two bands have a similar mix about them.  That being said, that did not deter me from wanting to collaborate with these two labels because they are up and comers like myself, and they have other great acclaimed releases in the works.  Collaborating has been beneficial to myself and completely painless;  a great group of guys to work with up to this point.  These records were just sent in to be pressed, so to those that have preordered, they should be on time.  However, if you ordered the bundle, it will be a tad longer because we are going to be sending in the Peace Be Still LP for pressing in the next week or so, and should come a little after this split does.

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment