Monday, February 6, 2012

Poison Smoak by One Hundred Year Ocean (2012)





Kind of Like: Superchunk, Pavement, The World is a Beautiful Place, Joie De Vivre
Genres: Emo, Indie, Post-rock
Spotify: Not Officially
Preview:


Derrick from The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid to Die just got in contact with me and told me his other project just released a brand new EP.  We had met in passing in the Topshelf turntable.fm room.  I am not sure if there is a Topshelf room anymore, but you could imagine there was never ending good tunes with the DJs they had.  From what I can tell this is his solo project that is backed by a full band that features members from Book Slave, Lion Cub and I'm Ok.

If you dig The World Is, then you probably can get into this pretty quick.  Kind of similar, but more of a Superchunk/Pavement feel to them and the occasional female supporting vocals that fit really well.

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment