Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II by Earth (2012)


Kind of Like: Grails, Sun O))), Electric Wizard
Genres: Drone, Doom, Stoner Rock, Sludge, Post-rock
Spotify: Ya
Preview: Myspace


You may remember Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light I, from last year.  That was one of my favorite albums of last year.  I was wondering if the "I" at the end implied there would be more to come, and looky here.  This leaked a while ago; I saw Music As Heroin featured this.  But, this is my first go at listening to it. I am only a minute into the first song and can tell this is going to be another stripped-down, laid-back, introverted adventure (introverted adventure? LOL).  As a listener, you really get to bask in the tones of the instruments.  Compared to their earlier works of drone metal, Angels I and II is more like being in a desert.  A dark, heavy, experimental desert.  Perhaps one of Dali's deserts?

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment