Friday, May 6, 2011

Waves by Moving Mountains (2011)


Kind of Like: Prawn, The Appleseed Cast, Empire! Empire!
Genres: Post-rock, Emo, Post-Hardcore
Preview: Warped Tour Website

I have been pretty excited to hear this album.  It's the follow-up to 2007's Pneuma which was a really powerful album.  I am into the first song and I am already really grooving to it, they are heading in a direction that seems natural.  They still have that power, but there is definitely more of an edginess to this that wasn't present on Pneuma.  I'm also doubting they won't have a trombone in this album.  I really liked it in Pneuma; it was pretty epic sounding..  I am eager to listen to this whole album, but as I said before I need to get out the door, I'll just throw this up here for now.  Maybe I'll get back to it for a better review, but I usually never do that.

Listen Here

No comments:

Post a Comment