Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Distal by Crash of Rhinos (2011)


Kind of Like: Snowing, Restorations, American Football, Baton Rouge, Pennines
Genres: Emo, Indie, Post-Hardcore, Post-rock
Preview: Bandcamp

Holy moly, how have I not seen this spreading across the blogosphere?  I actually found this through Sputnik.  If you like any of the bands listed above, you really have to give these guys a try.  They are immediately likeable, I knew I was in for a treat early into the first song.  This band is from Derby, UK and I can see a lot of similarities with their british mates, Pennines.  However, they also have a bit of post-hardcore thrown into the mix that isn't really present with Pennines; they seem a bit grittier at times.  Pick this up on double LP (I think) by e-mailing the band for paypal details: acrashofrhinos@gmail.com

Listen Here

1 comment:

  1. IMMEDIATELY likable. Serious loving this. I'm not sure why I didn't post it before. Thanks for putting it out there!!

    ReplyDelete