Sunday, May 29, 2011

(Classic) Miss Machine by The Dillinger Escape Plan (2004)


Kind of Like: Converge, Botch, The Chariot, The Number 12 Looks Like You
Genres: Chaotic Hardcore, Hardcore, Mathcore, Experimental, Metal
Preview: Myspace

For the most part, I try to put new released up on this site, but I decided every now and then it would be good to put up a classic album every now and then.  I bought this compact disc when I was first getting into the hardcore genre.  I actually didn't like it, but I ended up revisiting it years later after I had acquired the many different tastes of metal/hardcore.  I realized I had made a huge mistake.  I ended up listening to their other albums, but in my opinion this is their strongest release.  This is mathcore and some of it's finest; it will take awhile to learn all the rhythms of this album (I still can't act out poly-rhythms for the life of me), but when you do you will be rocking out to this album in your car like no other.  This also was the last album Chris Pennie was featured on and even though he is with Coheed now, I think he is one of the best drummers out there still.  This showcases a lot of talent from him, not to mention all of the other members.

No comments:

Post a Comment