Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Two for Tuesday: Heavy Rocks and Attention, Please by Boris (2011)



Kind of Like: Sun O))), Earth, The xx
Genres: Sludge, Doom, Pop, Experimental
Preview: NPR

When I first put the new Heavy Rocks on my itunes, it immediately started causing problems.  The songs intertwined with the old Heavy Rocks album they put out so it looked like one giant album, so now  I have an album called Heavy Rocks and this one called Heavy Rocks 2.  Honestly, I don't know why they felt so compelled to call this Heavy Rocks again.  Trust me, it has some heavy ass songs, but it also has a bunch of poppy ones that were on the New Album.  I am still listening to Heavy Rocks and haven't listened to Attention, Please yet, but that album apparently is their "least metal" album they have put out and is instead focusing on "icy rhythms" and "smoky moods" that pull closer to being similar with bands like the xx.  Guitarist Wata is doing her first lead performance for that album.

Listen Here

No comments:

Post a Comment