Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Aftermath of Your Bright Beings by Battle of Britain Memorial (2011)


Kind of Like: Envy, Neurosis, Mogwai
Genres: Screamo, Post-hardcore, Post-rock
Preview: Bandcamp

A screamo band from Europe?  From France?  No way, bro.  That don't make no sense.  These guys are fairly new to a saturated european screamo scene.  They throw in some things that don't sound like all the others though, I almost want to say they have a drone aspect to them.  I know that kinda comes with post-rock, but not all the time.  I also want to say this isn't nearly as chaotic as other european screamo bands.  So yea, they just released this last week, and I want to say this is their debut album because their last.fm doesn't even have a description yet or anything and like only 11 listeners.  How many hipsters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?  It's a pretty obscure number, you've probably never heard of it.  That joke is actually too mainstream now, I saw it on tumblr.  I refuse to use it ever again.

Listen Here

No comments:

Post a Comment