Friday, May 13, 2011

3 Way Split by Sorry, Honey, You Are Fiasco!/Bears in Ushanka/The Penguin Collector (2011)




Kind of Like: Kidcrash, The Locust, Ed Gein, Genghis Tron
Genres: Post-hardcore, Mathcore, Grindcore, Chaotic Hardcore, Breakcore

This split is nuts.  You are fiasco remind me a little of Kidcrash/La Quiete, and are pretty good.  They throw in a little variation for the storm that this split is about to throw you into.  The two bands after them are hectic as hell.  Bears in Ushanka and The Penguin Collector are more like grindcore bands.  Bears in Ushanka remind me of Ed Gein, and are pretty violent and technically cool sounding.  Meanwhile, I was pleasantly surprised with the Penguin Collector because the vocalist reminds me of the Locust, but the cool thing about them is that they throw in Breakcore aspect to them, they sound like they throw in fruity loops electronics into the grindcore mix to put together a mix of electronica and grindcore.  I think some people are calling that cybergrind now?  Whatevers.  I wanna say these guys are from Russia because whenever I try to find stufff about them I keep seeing that weird language that looks like a bunch of pi symbols and variations of it.

Listen Here

No comments:

Post a Comment