Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Remainders EP by Harbours (2011)


Kind of Like: Pianos Become the Teeth, No Omega, Loma Prieta
Genres: Post-Hardcore, Hardcore, Screamo
Preview: Bandcamp

I'm glad Ken and Poppelganger decided to post the past couple of days because I took a break from putting stuff up here for almost a week.  The weekend in Grand Rapids was a blast.  It was awesome seeing some of my favorite bands in the span of four days.  Not to mention the city and the people there are pretty damn cool too; Grand Rapids is proud of Michigan brews.  I also got a chance to meet guys from Circling the Drain and Chug Life.  By the time I got back on Monday, there wasn't much to review and I needed some time to recover.  So here is my first update on here in a good minute.

This is a band that has been here earlier (their demo), and I was curious to see how they progressed seeing that they called this an EP and not a demo this time.  The overall quality of the EP compared to their demo is a step forward which is to be expected.  I dig the music for sure, but the only thing that turns me off at times it the vocals;  I think it would be better if the vocals were a little less prevalent.

Listen Here 

No comments:

Post a Comment