Friday, December 30, 2011

Shoelaces EP by The Submarines



Kind of Like: Stars, Mates of State, The Postal Service (with female vocals)
Genres: Indie Pop, Electronica, Shoegaze

I've had a thing for these two cuties since I heard the song "Xavia" a couple years back. Yeah, they've been in Apple commercials and all that jazz, but you shouldn't hold that against them. They're really good at fusing together male and female harmonies to poppy, feel-good beats, with a bit of folk mixed in there as well. I'll admit it may be a bit girlier than some people may prefer, but hey, girls read this blog too! This EP just came out a month or so ago, and it features brand-new material, as well as a cover of one of their older songs. I would say that "Your Silent Face" is probably my favorite tune, but the others are catchy as well.

Fun fact: I just learned that the female vocalist, Blake Hazard, is the great-granddaughter of F. Scott Fitzgerald. So not only do I have a girl crush on her 'cause she's super cute and has a lovely voice, but she's also related to one of my favorite writers. Oh, AND she's created a foundation to help children fighting cancer. Yep, it's pretty safe to say that I love her.

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment