Monday, December 19, 2011

Darker Half by Backtrack (2011)


Kind of Like: Naysayer, Madball, Agnostic Front
Genres: Hardcore
Buy: Reaper Records
Preview:



Whenever I hear the usage of "NYHC" and "old school hardcore", I am really fucking hesitant.  There are so many really boring, shitty bands that fall under this umbrella and I end up not paying too much attention to it anymore.  Enter Backtrack.  I see the good reviews, and I hadn't reviewed anything in awhile.  So, I jumped in.  Turns out, this band has some hard-ass catchy riffs and intelligent, fairly proactive writing.  Plus, it's nice to have a bit of change of pace.  The only problem I think some people may have with it is how ridiculously long it is.  There are 23 songs, non of which hit the three minute mark.  The album art is pretty tits too.

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment