Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ares Vallis EP by Toasted Plastic (2011)



Kind of Like: Our Sunday Affairs, Merchant Ships, Everyone Everywhere
Genres: Emo, Indie, Screamo, Math Rock
Preview: Bandcamp
Buy: Double Double Whammy

"Toasted Plastic is a band out of Ridgewood, NJ. They sing catchy melodies and scream a lot."
-Last.fm

Word association: Ares Vallis.  Mare Vitalis.  Sorry, can't stop seeing that phrase.  Favorite Appleseed Cast album.  Another Last.fm recommendation, their mix of indie and screamo can seem awkward to me at times, but  not enough to drive me away.  If anything, it leaves me a bit more intrigued.  I'm sure these guys would be entertaining as hell to see live.  Their guitarist also looks to be sporting a Jaguar, which I can always get down with.  Double Double Whammy will be putting this out in cassette format in the near future.

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment