Saturday, December 10, 2011

Are We Now, Or Have We Ever Been by Goodtime Boys (2011)


Kind of Like: Bastions, Kerouac, La Quiete
Genres: Screamo, Thrash, Punk
Preview: Bandcamp

I got a bunch of posts on hand, so I am going to keep these write-ups short and sweet for now.  If you put a gun to my head and asked me why you should give a shit about this band, when there are plenty of other UK hardcore bands somewhat like this out there right now.  I would say that while Kerouac and Bastions have a mathcore and thrash feel, they don't have nearly as much of a screamo feel as these guys.  Don't get me wong Goodtime Boys can be disjunct, thrashy and mathy, but in a lot of cases they will have flowing, melodic (yet dissonant) guitar lines that is characteristic of bands like bands like La Quiete, especially as the album goes on.  I don't even know if that makes sense.

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment