Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tyrannosaurus Rules - Tyrannosaurus Rules EP [2012]

I saw this poster on Tumblr the other day. Not sure if it's for an actual movie or what, but this band's name made me think of it.

For Fans Of: Beach Fossils, Death Cab For Cutie, Brand New
Genres: Indie, Emo, Power Pop
Spotify: Facebook
Preview: 

Tyrannosaurus Rules is a four-piece emo/indie band from Australia. After some indecision about their name ("Violet Smile" was the alternative name - I think the one they went with is much better), this EP is finally live. I would describe their sound as a mixture of early Death Cab For Cutie (We Have The Facts, You Can Play These Songs With Chords) and early Brand New, but a little more toned down. This is only a debut, but it's a solid one, and I'm looking forward to hearing more form them in the near future!


No comments:

Post a Comment