Monday, April 2, 2012

Pervertor by Lord Mantis (2012)

This has nothing to do with the band, I think.  It is a cool picture nonetheless.
Kind of Like: Bolt Thrower, Dethlok, Indian
Genres: Metal, Sludge, Doom, Noise Rock
Buy: Candlelight Records
Preview:
I am not huge on metal like this, but it's been awhile since I posted something of this nature, especially something sludgy.  This is visceral and gritty as hell and I love it.  As someone from Sputnik put it: "The atmosphere is doomy and grim, kind of like a big black tornado swooping you (and your house) away."

What pulled me in initially was the album art; it is dark and awesome-looking.  Also, these Chicago natives got this record produced by Sanford Parker, who has produced albums by Indian and Pelican.  Both of which have been featured on here in the past.

Listen Here:


No comments:

Post a Comment