Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Front Bottoms - The Front Bottoms [2011]


For Fans Of: Spraynard, Dowsing, The Weakerthans
Genres: Pop Punk, Acoustic-Punk, Folk
Spotify: Yes
Preview:

My sister saw these guys open for Say Anything the other night, and she's been bugging me to put them on the site ever since. The Front Bottoms are a two-piece band based out of New Jersey. First thing I said to her when she turned them on: "I hate that guy's voice". Yes, it's a bit hard to get used to, but sometimes what I initially thought to be "terrible" vocals actually turn out to be some of my favorite voices to listen to over and over again. That will probably be the case for this group as well; they're super catchy and you'll be singing along to this at top volume for sure. All the songs are basically about that trio we all know and love: hanging out, drinking, and girls. Who wouldn't wanna listen to that?


Hint: The ending of this song is the best part :]

2 comments:

  1. Really good article write-up. Always keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His voice sounds like early Adam and his package, except less whining.

    ReplyDelete