Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tributaries by The Reveling (2011)





Kind of Like: Restorations, Green Day, Cain Marko
Genres: Punk, Pop Punk
Preview: Bandcamp
Buy: Black Numbers

I forgot to mention this band in my Fest 10 Hangover post.  We were waiting in line for registration, when Matt and I were offered a copy of this bands new record (in a vibrant light green clear vinyl)  for only 5 dollars along with some free Fest swag.  Matt and I indulged, and this is the first I am listening to the band.  When it first started I thought it was going to be a band like Restorations, but I think it is closer to a smarter newer version of a band like Green Day.  The result is a feeling of 90's pop punk nostalgia, but it's still catchy and a bit fresh feeling at the same time.  Also, I just found out the drummer, Jay Weinberg, is the son of Max Weinberg from E. Street Band/Conan O'Brien fame.  The album was also recorded by Alex Newport (Frank Turner, At The Drive-In, Rival Schools, Samiam). Intrasting.

Listen Here:



No comments:

Post a Comment