Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gods by Down I Go (2011)


Kind of Like: The Crinn, The Rodeo Idiot Engine, The Armed
Genres: Experimental, Mathcore, Chaotic Hardcore, Noise Rock
Preview: Bandcamp
Buy: Shelsmusic

Out of all the new material I've been hearing lately, this definitely is the most interesting thing I've stumbled on. When I first listened it was one of those instances where I recognized the band being very talented, but I still wasn't sure how I felt about their sound because it's pretty out there.  Then I watched this Tim and Eric-esque video and I felt better about them, every time Poseidon looks at the camera trying to keep a straight face, I can't help laughing.  I also thought it was funny that on Last.fm, Kenny's band, the Armed, was one of the top bands they were "super" similar to.  I can see the comparison for sure not only in the music (twangy southern-style mathcore with elements of noise rock) but in the sort of theatrics as well, perhaps.  Honestly, it just looks like these guys are having a bunch of fun being in this band (except for the sailors.  Come on guys, Poseidon is upstaging you), and I am always for that.  WE ARE BUILDING A WAAAALL!!

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment