Thursday, January 27, 2011

Maps & Atlases Discography (2010)


Kind of Like: This Town Needs Guns, Piglet, Native
Genres: Math Rock, Indie, Experimental

I figure I would throw this up here because I think their discography is a must at this point.  I've seen them like a few times (Chicago isn't too far from here), and these guys are just plain nice guys.  Oh, and they make great music too.  I started listening to them back when they released Trees, Swallows, Houses (pictured), and I first saw them with RX Bandits and Portugal. The Man (talk about a great line-up).  This includes the said album, You and Me and the Mountain, and their newest release Perch Patchwork.  Some call Perch Patchwork a disappointing album, but they should've seen it coming a mile a way with how You and Me and the Mountain sounded.  Either way, I like their new sound and their old sound, and I think you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment