Monday, January 31, 2011

Good Old War Discography (2010)


Kind of Like: Fleet Foxes, Days Away, Avett Brothers
Genres: Folk, Indie

I saw these guys for the first time last night after first listening to them 3 years ago.  I don't know why I never got around to it before, they are from Chicago after all.  It was in Kalamazoo and after we drove out their I was wondering if it was really going to be worth it.  It turned out to be a great show.  They had good beer on tap at the Strutt (I had some Short's Good Humans, a hoppy brown ale).  The first two bands weren't that memorable, which is probably why I had my doubts until Good Old War played.  They played a great set; mostly stuff from their first album which I like more and after playing on stage for awhile they came down into the crowd to play four or five songs, kind of like what Maps and Atlases did in Toledo.  When they came down into the crowd I asked their lead guy, Keith, if he's ever been told he looks a lot like Charlie Day, to which he replied: "Everyday".

Download Only Way to Be Alone Here

Download their self-titled newest album here

1 comment:

  1. Music was great until I found out that Goodwin was bangin my girlfriend backstage post preformance.

    ReplyDelete