Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cavalcade by The Flatliners (2010)


Kind of Like: The Suicide Machines, A Wilhelm Scream, The Lawrence Arms
Genres: Punk

I first listened to this band when they released Destroy to Create, when I was way too into ska/punk.  I kinda stopped listening to them when I stopped listening to ska.  Well, I started hearing from people that this was the best punk album to be released in 2010, so I picked it up.  The Flatliners at some point decided to stop playing/singing as fast as they could and focused more on slowing things down a tad and flexing their musicianship muskulls more.  This album is not slow by any means, just compared to Destroy to Create.  They also dropped their ska influences a lot and focused more on punk/rock.  It's a very catchy album that I have been listening to quite a bit this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment