Monday, March 19, 2012

(Classic) Are We Really Happy With Who We Are Right Now? by Moneen (2003)

Kind of Like: Boys Night Out, Damiera, The Get Up Kids, Look Mexico
Genres: Emo, Indie, Post-hardcore, Rock
Spotify: Here
Preview: Myspace

Maybe I will lose some cred for this.  I dunno.  I can say that this is one of my favorite albums to sing along to. It's just plain catchy, and Kenny Bridges vocals are somewhat high and fun to belt out.  The guitar riffs/harmonies aren't terribly hard to play, but the overall composition of each song is what brings me back time and time again.  I haven't listened to this album in years and I recently popped it in, and it hasn't really gotten old for me. I could drown in the weight of it all.

I listened to the album after this, Red Tree, like once or twice, but it just didn't stick with me.  I haven't listened to their latest album that came out in 2009 either.  This album and Theory of Harmonial Value are enough for me.  In my opinion, Theory was rough around the edges, but still had a few great songs on it, and this album that came after it, Are We Really Happy?, was their strongest and more fine-tuned material.

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment