Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wolf's Law by The Joy Formidable (2013)



Kind of Like: Metric, Gaslight Anthem, Arcade Fire, The Pixies
Genres: Rock, Punk, Indie
Buy: Warner Bros
Preview:


The Joy Formidable's last release, The Big Roar, had a few really heavy, powerful, good songs on it, but in the end, I lost interest in it a few months after I first listened.  I have a feeling that this new album may be the same deal for me, but this "Bats" track is killing it right now, so who knows.  I would really like to see these guys live at least once because I have a feeling they would put on a really good show.  As long as it isn't someplace expensive like the Fillmore.  OoOoOo, it looks like they actually will be at the Loft in Lansing this April during their tour.  That shouldn't be too expensive and it is fairly intimate for a band of their popularity.  Hmmmmmmm.

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment