Sunday, January 13, 2013

We're All Better Than This by Joie De Vivre (2012)


Kind of Like: Empire! Empire!, Dowsing, You Blew It!
Genres: Emo, Indie
Buy: Count Your Lucky Stars
Preview:


So, I got a little flack for not including this on the 2012 best of the year list.  Truth is, I just never got around to listening to it.  As luck would have it, I went to a show in with TWIABP and Empire! Empire! a week or two ago and they had a CYLS merch set up with a bunch of vinyl.  I saw this and thought, why not?  The record itself is a deep maroon color that I fell in love with.  After listening to it several times now, I definitely would have included this in my best of 2012 list, it would even probably break the top ten for me.  So, do yourself a favor and don't let this release almost slip by like I did.  Get it on plastic too because it is really sharp.

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment