Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tracing by Innards (2010)


Kind of Like: Adobe Homes, Beau Navire, Caravels, Algernon Cadwallader
Genres: Screamo

This band is only like Algernon in the sense of all the noodly guitars going on.  The first thing I noticed was the recording quality of this album.  I went from listening to Manbearpig to this, and it's like the production took a step down.  I was turned off at first, but it isn't a deal breaker.  There are a lot of good things going on with this band, and some people would argue that the rawness adds to it all.  I would like better recorded drums in whatever they release next.  Cymbals sound like glass breaking and the bass drum is almost nonexistent.  There are still parts of this record that make me not really give a shit if the drums aren't recorded great.

No comments:

Post a Comment