Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Here. Home. by Deer Leap (2012)



Kind of Like: Prawn, Six Gallery, The World is a Really Long Fucking Name, Moving Mountains
Genres: Emo, Post-rock, Indie
Preview:


You know, since I got busy with all the other stuff, I have been really out of the loop with new releases.  I happened to look into my old sources for new releases and found so much music that I want to listen to.  I have a couple hours between class and work, so I figure I would get some new stuff up here.

I was familiar of these guys through their split with TWIABP.  I listened to their side a couple times but really didn't get too focused on it.  I am really glad I took the time to immerse myself in this LP.  I have been noticing a recent influx of traffic heading towards the defunct Six Gallery album, and as it just so happens, there are many aspects to that album that I immediately recognize in this one.  The vocals especially are similar (along with Moving Mountains circa Pneuma) , they are clear and epic at times, swelling and climaxing with the post-rock music.
Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment