Sunday, July 24, 2011

(Classic) Deloused in the Comatorium by the Mars Volta (2003)


Kind of Like: At the Drive-In, the Sound of Animals Fighting, Fall of Troy
Genres: Progressive, Rock, Experimental
Preview: Myspace


Many people ask the question of who do you like more, At the Drive-In or the Mars Volta?  If you asked me which of their body of work was better as a whole, I would say At the Drive-In.  If you asked for a specific album, I would say this album trumps just about all the material that the core of this band has put out in their different projects.  Unlike all their newer releases that the Mars Volta insists on releasing every year, there was a lot of time and work put into this album.  The result is a debut album that became a classic.  At the Rx Bandits show, I missed the opener, Zechs Marquise, which features family members of the Mars Volta/At the Drive In.  From the people who I asked, they said that they had a great set.

Listen Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment